Monday, January 6, 2014

Cold, a four letter word

Brrr.  If you live in the Midwest as I do, look out, it is cold!  I ended up working from home today because it was so cold out.  I wasn't worried about my car starting this morning to get to work, it sits in a nice sort of warm garage.  I was more worried about it sitting outside all day in the wind and then not starting, lol.  Anyway, one of the perks of my job is to work remotely if need be. 

After checking in at work and making some phone calls, I found out about half the employees didn't even make it into work today.  Not a good thing for a production facility. There will be lots to catch up on this week. I have to say, I stay pretty productive when I do work from home. I can't say that for some of my peers as they brag about how little work they do. Karma, did you hear that?  Anyway, I feel the company gives us this opportunity to work from home, we shouldn't take advantage of it. I worry that one day, a few people not doing much from working at home will make the company stop any work from home.  Crossing my fingers it doesn't happen.

It's -13° currently outside.  I swear, I think our heat has been running non-stop for the last hour.  We'll be curling up on the couch under a blanket to keep warm while watching some TV. 

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment