Saturday, January 11, 2014

Visitors

So we had our first set of visitors in earlier this week.  I'm not certain how the visit went, but I know one of the managers running the facility spent quite a bit of time with them touring and behind closed doors.  I figured many people will be asking him how it went.  I'm going to wait until next week to ask and maybe get a little info.  :)

With the type of production we do here, it's going to be hard for many outsources to walk right in and start working.  There can be no downtime, probably their biggest challenge.  But who am I to say, they're the ones that do this for a living, right?  lol

I did get a chance to meet a couple of them as well as one of the big honchos for my company.  I can't imagine it helped my cause out, but it is good to get my name out there.

As a side note, my SO found a state government job which fits my current responsibilities really well.  I'm going to apply for it this weekend, but that process takes time.  It's the government after all.  And I'm sure in today's economy there will be plenty of people applying.

Time for a cup of coffee!

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment