Sunday, March 30, 2014

Elite Eight

Not that elite eight.  We have a pool going in the office on what leaders will be jumping ship first.  We started with a dozen on the team and we're down to eight.  (see what I did there?  with the elite 8 reference now?)  Anyway, it's like playing a dead pool game.  We're wagering on who will be dropping next.  I've said all along, if we don't have a little fun with what's going on (and the lack of information) we'll all go crazy.


I don't know the entire leadership team well, but of course I have my list.  It's all in good fun and we're not sure how we'll acknowledge a winner, but it's something for us to have fun with.  Right now, my leading person for the "next to leave list" is a longer term employee who I heard started looking for another position as soon as we received the initial news.  I mentioned it before, it's interesting to see how different people react to news like this.  It's pretty similar to the flight or fight response.  Some run to the first opportunity while others wait it out.  I'm going to call it opp or squat.  LOL


The bad part for the ones still here is that when one leaves, they're not replacing them.  I mean, why would they?  I get that.  But for those left, they keep having more responsibilities dropped on them.  It's bad enough now with three having left, but just wait until more leave.  They let us know that with the vendor decision, they'll also be giving us requirements for our "stay on" bonus.  Can't wait to hear those.  :p

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment