Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Few More Days

Until a nice long stretch of time off for Christmas.  The mood around the facility is pretty good.  I suspect as soon as we get into the new year things will start to become more real.

On the job front, sort of, I heard the company has made arrangements for an outside firm to come in and give us all some training on how to "land a new job".  We'll see how that ends up.  There's a wide range of workers in my facility.  From folks just entering the workplace to "professional" type workers like myself.  I suppose I could use another point of view when it comes to my resume.  And who couldn't benefit from interviewing techniques?

We do have that Christmas party coming up I mentioned.  I'm already sort of getting tired of answering the question, "what are you going to do?"  I'm sure that will come up a few times that night.

I've noticed that I become a bit more iritated when I start to think about such a huge company, and how they're just tossing many good workers aside.  The meanwhile seeing people who can't tie their shoes become promoted. I like to believe those I wonder about we're promoted because they actually earned it or are qualified. But I know better. I know it's not with everyone mind you, but I'm also in a position where I've seen it happen.  One of the many reasons being in a position of responsibility isn't all it's cracked up to be when it's with the wrong company.

Go finish your Christmas shopping!

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment