Thursday, December 26, 2013

Work Ethic

I'm a firm believer in having a solid work ethic.  I feel I've always had a good work ethic, even when I started working as a teenager.  And I don't think the current climate at my job has affected my work ethic.  But that can't be said for everyone here.  It truly amazes me how people in the facility here will take advantage of the limited supervision today and just sit around doing nothing.  I can't believe these are adults I'm working with. Heck, I'm in an office and I *could* spend my day surfing and even writing entries for this blog.  But I'm writing this on my lunch hour because it just wouldn't be right for me to take advantage of a situation.  Sure, I'd rather be back home lounging around being lazy.  But I'm at work and responsiblity goes along with work.
 
I like to think working hard will pay off in the long run and those who don't, well they just shoulnd't be surprised when things don't work out.  In the meantime, would it be bad to just smack someone?  : )

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment