Sunday, December 1, 2013

Tis The Season

This will be my last long weekend for a while. I only have a few more days off around Christmas to end 2013.  I have to go through my vacation time for 2014 and make some considerations about what type of time off I should use or shouldn't use just in case my time ends at the company in the summer.

We have three different types of time off.  I had asked HR a series of questions, one of them included what type (if any) will be paid out if I do take the severance package.  I suspect it will only be my vacation time.  Which is just fine, but then I want to be sure if it comes down to it, I don't leave anything on the table and exhaust the time I won't be paid out.

I also made the decision to not adjust my 401k (I'm contributing more than the company match).  I contemplated adjusting it down to just get the company match and get more in my paycheck so we could have a little more cash on hand.  But in the end, my retirement is still very important, and I don't want to lose track with any contributions.   

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment